Tech-Savvy Online Degree Programs
- Online Bachelor’s in Computer and Network Administration
- Online Bachelor’s in Information Technology and Systems
- Online Bachelor’s in Computer Science
- Online Master’s in Computer Science
- Online Master’s in IT Management
If you enjoy working with computers, you’re in luck. Technology is one of the industries with the fastest job growth expected over a decade, according to U.S. News & World Report. The five online degree programs below are great for tech-savvy students, and they’re among the 50 best degrees you can earn online.
1. Online Bachelor’s in Computer and Network Administration
Network and computer systems administrators oversee the daily operations of an organization’s computer networks. That task makes their role critical to any organization that uses computer technology, the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reports. These professionals install and maintain computer and network systems of various kinds. When those systems fail to function correctly, they’re the ones responsible for fixing the problems. Full-time undergraduate students in computer and network administration programs will spend four years studying:
- computer programming
- project management
- information security
2. Online Bachelor’s in Information Technology and Systems
Chances are good that you’ve heard of the IT industry. But you might not know exactly what “information technology” means or what IT professionals do. This industry focuses on technical solutions to business problems. Bachelor’s degree programs in information technology focus on subjects like:
- business enterprise systems
- software project management
- internet application development
Earning your degree will prepare you for success in a range of tech roles, like:
- business analyst
- IT consultant
- IT project manager.
3. Online Bachelor’s in Computer Science
Are you’re interested in:
- the hardware (the parts and components of a computer) ?
- the software (the programs and applications a computer runs)?
You should consider studying computer science. Through hands-on projects, you’ll learn to maintain existing computer software and hardware. You’ll also learn to construct and develop it yourself.
4. Online Master’s in Computer Science
If you’ve already got a bachelor’s degree, take your tech skills to the next level with a master’s degree. At the graduate level, computer science programs enable you to delve deeper into various types of:
- operating systems
- software management
- network and systems infrastructure
Master’s programs typically take two years of full-time study. When you graduate you’ll have the advanced credentials that can improve your résumé and marketability even more.
5. Online Master’s in IT Management
IT is another field where earning an online graduate degree is often worthwhile. A master’s degree is sufficient to qualify you for roles like:
- systems software manager
- IT architect
- computer and information systems manager.
Businesses in all industries are becoming more reliant on technology. The areas range from administration to manufacturing and marketing to maintaining records. The need for qualified technology professionals of all kinds is rising. For tech-savvy students, this can translate into finding high earning jobs and many opportunities in an enjoyable career.