5 Lucrative Careers Accounting Careers
- Chief Financial Officer
- International Tax Manager
- Accounting Professor
- Personal Financial Advisor
- Accounting Software Developer
1. Chief Financial OfficerChief financial officer is probably one of the highest levels of responsibility and authority an accountant can hope to obtain. It also requires the highest level of experience and education, as well as several years of leadership experience. The larger the company, the more responsibilities the CFO may have. Their duties include:
- ensuring compliance and accuracy with financial reporting
- reporting the financial status of the company to the board of directors and executives
- establishing long-term budgets and goals,
- overseeing managers of other financial departments
- developing systems to maintain the company’s financial stability
2. International Tax ManagerInternational tax managers are very important to an organization. They enable the company to work successfully with the international market and the global economy. They also play a vital role in partnerships and mergers between American and foreign companies. Their job duties include:
- recording profits and losses from exchange variations
- reviewing tax regulations and laws for other countries
- analyzing alterations in exchange rates
- establishing business models and strategies to reconcile the rules of other countries
- international finance
- accounting, and more
3. Accounting ProfessorAccounting professor is also one of the top careers in accounting. In addition to acting as senior accounting professionals, accounting professors also offer their accounting expertise to others in the field. They’re a vital part of the collegiate accounting experience, They can be found in universities and colleges of all sizes throughout the nation. The wages accounting professors earn depends a lot on the size of the school in which they work. Their knowledge of accounting basics allows them to provide accounting students with a trustworthy resource of accounting knowledge. Accounting professors generally have either a Master’s or Ph.D. in accounting.
4. Personal Financial AdvisorFinancial advisors are the accounting professionals who work with individual clients. They help clients with financial planning and making wise decisions with their money. Personal financial advisors work with individual clients on a one-on-one basis. They may work with a small number of clients or with a large group of clients. Their knowledge of finance and the market puts them in a position to help others invest their money so they get the best possible returns. Personal financial advisers advise clients. They also monitor the clients’ finances to ensure they are making a good profit. They may have either a bachelor’s or master’s degree.
5. Accounting Software DeveloperAccounting software developers perform many of the basic accounting duties. They also help develop accounting software. With their knowledge of computer science and accounting, they create software programs that make accounting easier and more convenient. Their duties include developing the accounting software. They demonstrating to clients how it works.They keep it current with new accounting technologies. Accounting software developers may have a bachelor’s or master’s degree. Accountants are expected to see employment growth of 10 percent between 2016 and 2026 according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. The growing economy will continue to create demand for qualified accountants. This is one of several reasons why so many more individuals are pursuing careers in accounting.