Ready to find the perfect college degree?
www.bestdegreeprograms.org is an advertising-supported site. Featured or trusted partner programs and all school search, finder, or match results are for schools that compensate us. This compensation does not influence our school rankings, resource guides, or other editorially-independent information published on this site.
- Complete the Requirements to Earn a License or Certification
- Study a Sought-After Concentration
- Turn Your Work Experience into College Credits
- Build up Your Résumé in as Little as 16 Months
Are you looking to get a promotion? Raise your salary? Open new doors in the world of finance?
Consider pursuing a graduate degree online. Both online Master of Finance programs and Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Finance programs have the potential to help improve your career prospects in several ways.
Complete the Requirements to Earn a License or Certification
Maybe you want to earn a new professional certification or securities license but you aren’t sure how to prepare for the grueling exams. An online MBA in Finance or Master of Finance program could be the answer. Some of the best online finance graduate degree programs in the United States are tailored for students seeking professional credentials.
The University of the Southwest, for example, has designed its online MBA in Finance degree program to help students prepare to earn their Certified Financial Planner (CFP) certification or securities license. Northeastern University even incorporates test preparation materials for the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) and CFP exams into the curriculum.
Study a Sought-After Concentration
In the field of finance, there are a number of possible specializations that you can study in-depth. You can developing expertise in a subject like:
- asset management
- corporate financial management
- financial technologies
This can make you a very appealing job candidate to the right employer. If you’re looking for a specific concentration in your Master of Finance or MBA in Finance degree program, you may have to look a little harder – but the rewards can be worthwhile.
Turn Your Work Experience into College Credits
Your years of professional experience matter. They shaped your career and your abilities. Wouldn’t it be nice if that experience counted toward your degree, too?
At some schools, it does. These programs offer what the United States Department of Education calls “competency-based learning.” They measure advancement toward your degree based on the subjects you become competent in, not the number of hours you spend in school. These programs are great for experienced business and finance professionals because they can help you save time and money earning your education.
They can also improve your overall education experience. Competency-based college programs result in “better student engagement” and “better student outcomes,” the Department of Education reports.
Build up Your Résumé in as Little as 16 Months
Earning your degree can improve your résumé. When you study online, earning your degree doesn’t have to take long. Some top-rated online Master of Finance and MBA in Finance degree programs can be completed in 16 to 24 months. Just think, this time next year, you could be getting ready to graduate.
Whether you want to eaarn a certification, gain specialized knowledge or just enhance your résumé, earning your graduate degree in finance online can help you achieve your career goals.
- Do I Need Work Experience Before I Can Pursue an Online MBA in Finance?
- How Long Will It Take to Earn My MBA in Finance Online?
- Is an Online MBA in Finance a Good Choice for Students Who Are Seeking a Professional Certification or License?
- Is it Better to Get a Bachelor’s of Art or Bachelor’s of Science in Finance?
- What Can I Do with a Bachelor in Finance Degree?
- What is the Highest Degree in Finance?
- What Kind of Job Can I Get with a Bachelor’s in Finance?
- 5 Degree Options for a Career in Finance
- 5 Differences Between Finance and Accounting
- 5 Top Paying Careers with a Bachelor’s in Finance
- 30 Best Online Bachelor’s in Finance Programs
- 30 Most Affordable Bachelor’s in Finance Online at Private Colleges