Ready to find the perfect college degree?
www.bestdegreeprograms.org is an advertising-supported site. Featured or trusted partner programs and all school search, finder, or match results are for schools that compensate us. This compensation does not influence our school rankings, resource guides, or other editorially-independent information published on this site.
- Financial Planner
- Financial Analyst
- Finance Researcher and Professor
- Loan Officer
It only seems appropriate that those who major in finance hope to achieve lucrative careers following graduation. These graduates know better than others how to most efficiently budget and manage money. It takes time to build a professional framework that supports financial wealth. Here are five top paying careers in finance one can pursue with a bachelor’s in finance.
Few people are naturally skilled at budgeting and managing finances. They hire financial planners to assist them with everything from climbing out of debt, to filing taxes, to preparing for major life events. A bachelor’s degree and a passing score on an exam is all that you need to set out on this career path. It is helpful to start at a financial planning firm to build contacts and gain structured experience. You can begin working in private practice before long. You must possess a high level of interpersonal intelligence to succeed in this role.
Financial analysis is similar to financial planning. The difference is that your clients are entire organizations rather than individuals and families. Financial analysts help companies and institutions understand their budget and revenue and make informed decisions for the future. There is a great deal of research and data analysis involved, making this a great option for those who enjoyed their statistics courses. Financial analysts typically start at the associate level. They progress to senior analyst roles with larger clients and more complex responsibilities.
Finance Researcher and Teacher
An old adage claims that those who cannot do, teach. This is an archaic way of thinking. It’s more accurate to say that those who do not choose to do are often the best teachers. Those who find inspiration in the concept but not the practice of finance will find success as:
- finance college researchers
- high school economics teachers
Progressing to your full potential in this career might require earning an advanced degree down the line. But there are many possibilities for getting started with a bachelor’s. Excellent possibilities are:
- teaching for non-profits like Teach for America
- picking up classes at adult schools
- working as a university research assistant.
In this day and age, many people rely on loans to achieve their goals and meet their needs. Earning a college degree. Buying a first home or car. Starting a business. Many American dreams are built with borrowed money. Loan officers are employed by agencies and work with borrowers to:
- assess eligibility
- complete the contract
- manage payback
This is similar to the work of a financial analyst but geared towards the specific financial aspect of loans.
Critical thinkers and skilled risk takers will enjoy careers as stockbrokers. This role involves assisting individuals and groups with investing in the stock market. You must have a keen ability to predict financial patterns in the stock market. You need sharp persuasion skills to convince clients about what to do with their hard-earned money. Not for the faint of heart, this is a fast-paced career with high highs and low lows.
They say that money cannot buy happiness. They also say that money makes the world go round. Whichever school of thought you belong to, most of us agree on our goals to achieve:
- successful careers
- financial stability
- good money management habits
These five top paying careers in finance allow those with a bachelor’s in finance to meet their own and others’ financial goals.
- Do I Need Work Experience Before I Can Pursue an Online MBA in Finance?
- How Long Will It Take to Earn My MBA in Finance Online?
- Is an Online MBA in Finance a Good Choice for Students Who Are Seeking a Professional Certification or License?
- Is it Better to Get a Bachelor’s of Art or Bachelor’s of Science in Finance?
- What Can I Do with a Bachelor in Finance Degree?
- What is the Highest Degree in Finance?
- What Kind of Job Can I Get with a Bachelor’s in Finance?
- 4 Ways an Online MBA in Finance can Help Boost Your Career
- 5 Degree Options for a Career in Finance
- 5 Differences Between Finance and Accounting
- 30 Best Online Bachelor’s in Finance Programs
- 30 Most Affordable Bachelor’s in Finance Online at Private Colleges