- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Combined 5-Year Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree in Accounting
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Economics
- Master of Science in Statistics
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Finance
You have many degree options for a career in finance. This white-hot industry needs smart, mathematically skilled applicants to manage business accounts, plan long-term financial strategies and earn heaps of money. If you’re looking for a high-paying career with long-term employment prospects, finance may be the right option for you.
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
A bachelor’s degree in business or business management isn’t enough for the competitive world of finance. You need a Master’s of Business Administration (MBA), preferably with a concentration in finance, accounting or statistics. You should also pursue an internship or practicum with your graduate degree to ensure you have the real-world experience you need to jump straight into a finance career. Many consulting and financial firms offer structured internships for the summer between your first and second years of study. A good business school will help you network and find the right internship for your career goals.
Combined 5-Year Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree in Accounting
If you want the fastest way to complete a master’s degree for a career in finance, consider a combined 5-year program to earn a Bachelor of Science and a Master of Science in Accounting. You’ll save time and money while graduating with a competitive degree. You can find jobs as an accountant, financial planner, chief financial officer or financial analyst. If you fall in love with accounting, you’ll have the educational background required to become a certified public accountant.
Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Economics
A degree in economics covers the best of both worlds. You’ll study microeconomics, or the small-scale exchange of money between individuals and communities as well as macroeconomics, which examines the financial relationships between countries and world regions. This means you’ll be equally qualified to join a bank as a credit analyst or a political think tank as a regional expert. If you earn your master’s degree in economics, you can focus on a specific area of study and hone your expertise.
Master of Science in Statistics
One of the best degrees for a high-paying career in finance is a master’s degree in statistics. If you want a high-stress, high-salary job as a stock trader, financial analyst or white-collar Wall Street worker, get this degree. You’ll spend your classes mastering complex formulas, understanding why the market moves the way it does and proving yourself a quantitative genius. Once you graduate, you’ll have your pick of signing bonuses, company perks and piles of cash to swim in. Just be prepared to work over 100 hour weeks.
Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Finance
A degree in finance is one of the most versatile options for starting a career in the financial industry. With a B.S. in Finance, you can find well-compensated entry-level jobs. For example, the median annual wage for a securities and financial services sales agent, a position that only requires a bachelor’s degree, was $97, 110 according to the U. S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Once you earn your M.S. in Finance, you can move into management positions, pursue additional certifications and chart your career path.
Just as the financial markets are always changing, so too does a career in finance never stagnate. With so many degrees options for a career in finance, you’ll be able to find the career you’ve always wanted in the financial industry.
- Do I Need Work Experience Before I Can Pursue an Online MBA in Finance?
- How Long Will It Take to Earn My MBA in Finance Online?
- Is an Online MBA in Finance a Good Choice for Students Who Are Seeking a Professional Certification or License?
- Is it Better to Get a Bachelor’s of Art or Bachelor’s of Science in Finance?
- What Can I Do with a Bachelor in Finance Degree?
- What is the Highest Degree in Finance?
- What Kind of Job Can I Get with a Bachelor’s in Finance?
- 4 Ways an Online MBA in Finance can Help Boost Your Career
- 5 Differences Between Finance and Accounting
- 5 Top Paying Careers with a Bachelor’s in Finance
- 30 Best Online Bachelor’s in Finance Programs
- 30 Most Affordable Bachelor’s in Finance Online at Private Colleges